Summer Camp 2020 Coronavirus Update
April 20, 2020
Dear BrainVyne Families –
We want to thank you for your patience. These unprecedented times had us spending our energy on our employees, landlords, applying for an SBA loan and the PayCheck Protection Program. We are sorry if you felt our response rate was slow, which is unlike the way we operate. Some of the paperwork involved was so time consuming that it is disappointing to learn of the current lack of money to support small businesses out of the promised federal funding.
Now that the initial shock is behind us we want to touch bases with you. We love running camps for you and your family. We work hard from September of each year to prepare for an incredible Spring and Summer season. Like so many plans canceled for millions around the world, we are heartbroken to share that we will be unable to operate camps as originally planned in 22 cities this summer. We have already hired over 60% of our summer instructor team and these teachers rely on this work to thrive in the Bay Area.
With parents homeschooling and working simultaneously, we know you are going to need a break this summer and the kids are yearning for in-person connection, fun and learning. However, at this time we have made a decision to not run any in-person camps this summer. We will keep you updated should the directive from the county change.
We will be issuing full refunds (minus a $40 processing fee). These refunds will process after September 1st. You can choose to roll your camp credit for use towards any virtual programs we offer this summer or for Spring/Summer 2021 which greatly helps support us as a small business.
As originally outlined in our refund policy, all summer camp refunds will be processed after September 1st, 2020.
Spring registrations are rolled over and credit can be applied to Summer 2020 virtual programs, Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 programs.
For Spring camps, if you had requested a refund prior to the shelter-in-place due to personal reasons, we will follow our 2020 refund policy guidelines and refund you. All spring refunds will process after May 15th. In summary:
- Spring Camp 2020 is rolled over and available as a credit for use towards Summer 2020 (virtual), Spring 2021 or Summer 2021 programs.
- Summer 2020 camp fees will be refunded after September 1st. You do not need to take any action, your refund will automatically process and you will receive email notification.
- If you cannot wait till September and want your money back right away, please send the name of the camper to [email protected]. These refunds will be processed after the last day of your camp. As an example if you are registered for the week of July 13th to July 17th, your refund will process the week of July 20th. In the past, we had campers who had received a refund still attend camp, and so our system is now configured to only allow for refunds after the last day of camp a child is registered for.
- Roll over of credits for Summer 2020 is recommended for use towards 2021 programs. If you would like to help us, please send an email with name/s of your child/ren to [email protected]
- All Spring Refunds will process between May 15 to June 15.
- All Summer Refunds will process between Sept 1 to Sept 30.
- We will personally communicate with every registered family and appreciate your patience.
- Please write to us at [email protected] with any questions
September 2013 was the beginning of our journey in Palo Alto. My first born had started kindergarten at Palo Verde elementary and is now a rising 7th grader. We have so many exciting programs to bring to our campers and know that even though we feel alone through this shelter-in-place, we are all in this together. We are staying positive and looking ahead. Thank you for being a partner with us during this challenging period.
Founder & CEO